Tuesday 22 May 2012

It's Been A While..

It's been a busy few weeks trying to get on top of everything ready for my degree! I've spent hours embroidering, designing and making and now the end is in sight. Recently a friend took photos of my work for my digital portfolio so now pretty much everything is done and its just tweaking a few bits to make them complete.

I was so pleased with the photos as it has finally made it feel like I actually have work. The pieces that I have been working have been running with my theme of pastels shades and flowers; hand drawn and photos. 

Here's a selection of what I've been doing:

Untitled


Daisies

Daisies - Detail

I am now in the process of trying to work out how I want my work to be displayed at the degree show and for final marking. I will try to remember to take a photo of my work all set up! I am going for a Vintage Haberdashery look by having an old cabinet filled with old sewing bits, embroidery's and books. I am then mixing this with my work which has all been done on mainly old scarves as I like to reuse things within my work. The idea of it is to have this cross-over of old and new and of getting people to question which bits new and which bits old.

No comments:

Post a Comment