Sunday 11 March 2012

Digital Prints

I have been working on some digital prints, I have now got 3 printed. I have enjoyed doing them as I have finally been getting my head around Photoshop. The first that I got printed was an A4 repeat of the hand drawn flower design that I posted about last time. The next are developed from this print where I have taken the rose from the design are put this into a half drop repeat.

I have taken the first print that I did and embellished back into it with hand embroidery. I have taken the time to split the threads down so that they aren't too thick and chosen a colour that matches the flower. Just to get an idea of what the embroidery looks like I have started off by just embroidering one of each flower. This is so that I can look at the type of stitches that would be suitable for each flower.

Digital Print on Cotton 

Here are the two Rose prints that I did..


Rose Design on Silk Georgette
Rose Design on Silk Cotton





















I'm not really sure what I want to do with these prints yet; I might embroider the one on a coloured background to make it into a piece of textiles art that could be framed. With the other I might just cut it up and reorder the flowers to make a different pattern.

I was in a way, lucky enough to have extra copies of the first print due to smudges of ink across 2 of the. This has meant that I have had more to play with. My first thought was to have a go at ironing one of the extra prints onto bondaweb and cutting each of the flowers out individually.

Flowers Cut Out and Ironed onto Bondaweb
Flowers Laid Out

I really like the flowers just piled up or laid out. I can see the ones that are bagged up being as part of a set to make your own cushion or something along those lines....

No comments:

Post a Comment