Monday 12 March 2012

It's Bird Time

I also paint birds for my other subject and I have been really getting into painting them. I thought that I would update you with what I'm doing..

My idea now for art is to work with the stamps that I have bought and divide them into countries. I am then going to choose a bird native or found in that country and paint it alongside the country made of stamps. I am still looking at the idea of migration, so when I research a country if there is a bird that migrates between two of those countries I have stamps for I will probably do something with this.

I have been working mainly on a fairly large scale (well for me anyway!), roughly A3 sized pieces. I have recently just completed a mini series of birds and stamps of Britain. I am going to try and get these three pieces framed as I'd like to see them finished.

Robin
Wren
Blue Tit
At the moment I for once know what I am doing in Art, and enjoying it! Lets hope that the ideas hit me the same with Textiles soon...




No comments:

Post a Comment