Friday 23 March 2012

Florals

After the last Blog post, I looked a bit closer at the particular designer behind the beautiful floral dresses that have inspired my work; the designer Christopher Kane.

I loved the way that he used images of real flower heads to create a pattern for a fabric..

Spring/Summer 2012
S/S '12

I have already done drawings to a similar style, where I have just drawn the flower heads and really like the striking impact these had. I thought that I would have a go at using my own images of flowers to see how they would look. I had a look through all the flowers pictures that I have collected over the years and selected the best few that had whole flower heads. I then removed the backgrounds of them to leave just the shapes. To see what they would look like on fabric I printed off the flowers, cut them out and scanned them with a variety of different fabrics behind, still keeping with the pastel colour pallet I have chosen to use.

Green Stripe Flower
Yellow Flower

I would like to now have a go at combining these with my drawings of these flowers to see how the hand drawn and digital works together. It was my birthday earlier this week and I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers so they will be making an appearance in work in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment