Tuesday 22 November 2011

Blind Drawing

So as I said I thought that I would explore some more blind drawings. I started off with a few smaller scale ones but have now ventured into my A3 sketchbook to work a little bigger. Here's what happened...

Carnations - Selection Fine Liners

Carnation - Biro and Fine Liners

Carnations - Fine Liners


I really like the pattern that these create just by simply layering the same shape drawn over and over again. When I was drawing the flowers, I tried to break them down so that I was looking at them as a shape rather than a flower. This helped me a lot to be able to feel more confident in what I was doing.

Since doing these I have bought some lining paper and done a few larger scale pieces that I hope to try printing onto fabric. I will try to get some decent pictures of these and upload them shortly!

1 comment: