Wednesday 23 November 2011

Large Blind Drawings

I wanted to have a go at some larger scale blind drawings so that I could explore the scale of the images and repeating them to make patterns. As I wanted to work on a bigger scale I thought it would be better to try using a different materials that would leave me with a thicker line. It took me a while to decide on what to use, when I came across a set of face paint crayons that I have and then had a go with them!

At first I was a bit scared of the size of paper that I was working on so started off doing a couple in materials that I felt comfortable with; pencil and coloured pencils. I liked the quality of line that the colour pencil gave but thought that the lines were too fine. I then had a go at using watercolour and biro but the watercolour was hard to use with the type of drawing as the paintbrush would run out of ink so you'd then look at the image to rejoin the brush. This is when I had a go with the face paint. I think out of all of them this is the one that gave the best results.

Large Blind Drawing on Lining Paper

(Sorry for the poor quality of image!)

I now aim to try and turn these designs into a suitable print. To start with I am just using the disperse dye printer so that I can get a better idea as to how the pieces will look if I printed them properly. With these sample prints I do I would like to start embroidering into them and see what they will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment