Tuesday 22 November 2011

What Is My Work About?

I have two passions in life, flowers and birds; both of which I’m sure you’ll soon come to notice. The majority of my work is based around these subjects in one way or another. I tend to work on a fairly small scale focusing on details. My course title is, Creative Arts: Art and Textiles. For both of these subjects I have different themes going on.

Art:

In my artwork I am using birds. My idea this year is to study the flight paths of British birds and to combine this with a collection of old stamps that I was given earlier this year. I intend to combine these two elements with maps so that the birds are almost using the stamps as their transport between different locations. The materials that I am going to be using are paint and mixed media.

Textiles:

I aim to turn my hand drawn flower designs into patterns that can be digitally printed and then embroidered over. I have yet to decide whether these are going to be purely designs or whether I will turn them into soft furnishings for interiors, I guess time will tell!

This blog is going to be mainly for my Textiles work but from time to time I will add in the occasional post about my art to keep you up to date on how my bird obsession is developing!





No comments:

Post a Comment